Monday, May 3, 2010

Hw 53

Some of these questions were rather easy and I could answer without any problems and because no one was looking over my shoulder, I didn't feel like I have to lie as much. Though some of the other questions I had to think about. I had to really dig deep into my head and figure out which answer is most truthful. Those kinds of questions I felt like most people would have trouble with. And some of the questions I honestly can't remember well and even if I'm answering from my perspective, I could be wrong. Because of my awful memory, I can’t remember the most honest answers to some of the questions so some of my answers could be lies. That’s the difficult part of this assignment, whether you really think you tell the truth or not.

Then there are questions that make you really think about your relationships such as, “are there any scapegoats within your family?” And the following, “are you a scapegoat,” or vice versa. This makes you think about your family. I think most people wouldn't want to think about it and just answer no. But sometimes we lie to ourselves thinking that our family is perfect, because if we answer truthfully, we would feel guilty. Answering questions like these are hard to determine the answer because you are conflicting with the love for your family and what you believe to be truw.

A lot of people in my class notice a contradiction between what is answered and what is being said in the hallways. For instance, most people say that they don't care for their parents but when looking at the results, a majority of the people who participated in the survey said they care for their parents. This shows that either the people who participated are lying or what is said in the halls are false. I noticed that the answers they gave on the multiple choices contradict with the answers they gave for the short answers. The choices that were filled in on the multiple questions make it sound like they have a perfect family. A majority of the votes were for things like "your family values you," or "your guardians make an effort to get to know you". But on the short answer, it ask you to write down what the parents think of you, people wrote things like "lazy son," or "a good daughter," and i wonder if they even know what their parents think of them. (for some reason the short responses were not on the link provided. The short answers I picked up were from the print-out sheet in class.)

One pattern I noticed is that all answers chosen seem too fake. Of the fifty-two participants, only one or two people chose the opposite of the majority. Most of answers make these people seem to have a very normal life and I don't believe that. I think that most of the participants are lying knowingly or lying to themselves. Then again maybe it's just me, and that these people do have a happy life, but judging from what the people said about what their parents think of them, I can't help but wonder.

I read the Department of health and mental hygiene...etc. and this might validate the relationship/love part of the class survey. It shows about 50% of the people who took the test has been sexually active and some don't use protection. The article was accurate surprisingly and also caught on about how a majority of them don't use protection. The article was also very specific on where the problem is taking place. They gave a specific percentage of these pregnancy incidents in varies places and race. They have either done an exceptionally well research or they are exaggerating.

The article really surprised me a bit with the amount of work they have shown in their research. They couldn't have gotten this information just by asking people because that would be awkward and weird. T he sources they have I don't have access to but this does help me think up survey questions such as asking the participant a little about themselves such as age and maybe area they live in(not specific streets but like rural, or urban, etc.). Of course because of how anonymous the survey will be to, being precious is going to be difficult so the questions about the person will have to be vague but informal.

No comments:

Post a Comment