Sunday, November 15, 2009

HW 21



First a little bit about the picture. I started this art project a week ago and worked my way up from a draft of this art. I took the concept of Wall E, how every human being did everything on the network and their bodies rendered useless. SO, i guess this idea of a future would be a few years after Wall E. Everything is done on the internet, even jobs. Because bodies are useless, I decided to make use of the body, and drew them as slaves. Without a body, most furniture have become useless and soon its not about how comfortable people are but how their houses look. Without a body, dresses are only for the slaves, and with the internet shoved into their minds, just like Feed, wigs became popular. Bodies do simple house work and other simple task such as a personal accountant, or a carrier person, etc. I would say that this is a hammer. It brings up the question if people want to live like this, we'll...would you? I won't judge.
To be honest, even though i tried my best, in the end of it i didn't have much time to clean it up and I was afraid that if i try too hard, i would've ruined the entire thing. And the picture, i don't like it as much as the idea of it. I think that this is the funniest picture i have ever created too with the headless people and all. But i do feel that i have worked harder on it than i would have.
The most interesting part about my drawing...i would have to say how disturbing it is. I looked up other disturbing artwork for some kind of suggestion on what to draw, i watched Dark Knight and the only word i heard from it is "Maddness." In the end, disturbing arts and madness created a baby called insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment